Levin Furniture Sucks

72 of 77 Levin Furniture reviews

Update added by user Jul 08, 2015

In January 2015, I filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau in Mississippi, where the Albany Furniture factory is located, but they were unable to get any results.So I then filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau in Pittsburgh, PA back in February of this year (2015) and they were able to get Levin Furniture to refund $487.86 for the extended warranty plan which I purchased from them when I bought the furniture originally.

I have since filed a complaint with the Pennsylvania State Attorney General's Office and am waiting patiently for a response which may take up to several months according to the website.I still owe them nearly $500 but I asked for a full refund less the cost of the warranty which they've already refunded.

Original review posted by user Jan 10, 2015

My wife and I purchased an "Albany Furniture" leather living room set (modular sofa, loveseat and ottoman, 6 pieces total) in February of 2012 from Levin Furniture in Wexford, PA for $2895.88 plus sales tax and delivery.It was just over a year old when the leather began to peel away from the backing on the seats, side cushions, and backrest cushions and it just got worse from there.

Now the furniture is just an absolute mess. It looks like we took a sander to it. And we do not abuse our furniture. We've had a leather sectional in our family room for 10+ years now that gets more use than this stuff from Levin and it still looks brand new (purchased from Wickes Furniture in Pittsburgh in 2003).

Levin offered to provide replacement "casings" in 2014 but we weren't aware that they weren't going to install them for us. We found that it would cost us more for an upholsterer to install the casings than it was to but the furniture originally. Don't buy from Levin! They do not stand behind what they sell and they are a bunch of liars!

All they'll tell you is that "we don't manufacture the furniture, we only sell it". A *** of a way to do business if you ask me, no wonder they have so many complaints. We are now having to replace the furniture and just last week ordered a set (new sofa, loveseat, and ottoman) from Macy's Department Store for $1998.99 and nothing but great reviews on it. The worse part is that we still owe $1200 on it since we chose to finance it on Levin's No-Interest payment plan.

I can' just stop paying the bill because it's financed through G.E. Capital Credit, Levin got their money. I would only screw up our good credit rating by doing so. Stay away from Levin unless you want to be screwed over.

As soon as new our furniture arrives from Macy's, I'm putting two of the worst pieces in the back of my pick-up truck, and I'm parking it in the shopping mall parking lot right outside the Levin store with a big sign that says "I bought this garbage from Levin in 2012 and look at it now and Levin won't replace it!" And there's nothing they can do about it.Free speech allows me to do so!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Leather Living Room Set
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #580694 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Levin Furniture? Submit review ›
Helpful? 7 Yes 7 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
72 of 77 Levin Furniture reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 07, 2015 #1004745

My name is James Meyer. I have the exact same couch with the same issue. Do you know of anyone else with the same issue?

DaveMTSpot

Jul 08, 2015 #1005068

No, I am sorry to say that I do not. I filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau in Pittsburgh, PA back in February of this year (2015) and they were able to get Levin Furniture to refund $487.86 for the extended warranty plan which I purchased from them when I bought the furniture originally. They credited my Levin Furniture Credit Card account for the full cost of the extended protection plan since they weren't able to repair the furniture under the protection plan. I have since filed a complaint with the Pennsylvania State Attorney General's Office and am waiting patiently for a response which may take up to several months according to the website.

jbianco

Feb 10 #1109871

We have the same problem with a "leather" sofa we bought from Levins. When we called them about it, we were told that our warranty was expired and they had no longer any obligation for the furniture they sold us.

olly

Jan 12, 2015 #930089

So while I totally agree that Levin is a rip off, I'm sorry but I most note: FREE SPEECH DOES NOT APPLY HERE. Free speech is your right to speak freely without the government persecuting you. It doesn't allow you to go on private property though and make a statement - that property can and may choose to forcibly remove you and/or prosecute you. Just a thought.

0 2 Reply
DaveMTSpot

Jan 13, 2015 #930320 Valencia, Pennsylvania, United States

Then maybe I'll just drive up and down the "public" road outside their business a dozen or so times times a day. I work in that area anyway so it wouldn't be a major convenience. And since its a major roadway I'll get a lot of exposure. It's not like I'm lying about anything I've said so they can't sue me for anything. I've filed claims with the Better Business Bureau as well and if that doesn't go anywhere, I'll file a suit in small claims court. I don't need to spend money on a lawyer but I bet they will.

3 0 Reply
Bonfire

Jan 10, 2015 #929208 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Let's us know what day so we can park our truck next to your and let's others to bring there junk too we will invite some WV alumni for you couch Bonfire night I will bring marshmallows ,dogs,we will never get our money back so lets give them a dose of reality!!

levin hahaha

Jan 10, 2015 #929186 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Levin has a good way of showing good faith salesmen ship they sent furniture to our house damaged did not like that furniture seams all seemed to be of poor quality,they offered to replace in house with different set WE couldn't find any that appealed to us and went to lazy boy after reading hundreds of complaints about our return do not feel we should of not been charged a 15percent restocking fee,they are aware about consumer complaints and should take proactive approach not to pawn off sub par furniture to hard working consumer,and you are right on point with your financing comment wish I would of used my credit card and would of stopped payment on the 15 percent,they resold it as new to some unaware customer probably anyway...

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Levin Furniture. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Levin Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about
×