Update added by user Jul 08, 2015
In January 2015, I filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau in Mississippi, where the Albany Furniture factory is located, but they were unable to get any results.So I then filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau in Pittsburgh, PA back in February of this year (2015) and they were able to get Levin Furniture to refund $487.86 for the extended warranty plan which I purchased from them when I bought the furniture originally.
They credited my Levin Furniture Credit Card account for the full cost of the extended protection plan since they weren't able to repair the furniture under the protection plan.
I have since filed a complaint with the Pennsylvania State Attorney General's Office and am waiting patiently for a response which may take up to several months according to the website.I still owe them nearly $500 but I asked for a full refund less the cost of the warranty which they've already refunded.
Original review posted by user Jan 10, 2015
My wife and I purchased an "Albany Furniture" leather living room set (modular sofa, loveseat and ottoman, 6 pieces total) in February of 2012 from Levin Furniture in Wexford, PA for $2895.88 plus sales tax and delivery.It was just over a year old when the leather began to peel away from the backing on the seats, side cushions, and backrest cushions and it just got worse from there.
Now the furniture is just an absolute mess. It looks like we took a sander to it. And we do not abuse our furniture. We've had a leather sectional in our family room for 10+ years now that gets more use than this stuff from Levin and it still looks brand new (purchased from Wickes Furniture in Pittsburgh in 2003).
Levin offered to provide replacement "casings" in 2014 but we weren't aware that they weren't going to install them for us. We found that it would cost us more for an upholsterer to install the casings than it was to but the furniture originally. Don't buy from Levin! They do not stand behind what they sell and they are a bunch of liars!
All they'll tell you is that "we don't manufacture the furniture, we only sell it". A *** of a way to do business if you ask me, no wonder they have so many complaints. We are now having to replace the furniture and just last week ordered a set (new sofa, loveseat, and ottoman) from Macy's Department Store for $1998.99 and nothing but great reviews on it. The worse part is that we still owe $1200 on it since we chose to finance it on Levin's No-Interest payment plan.
I can' just stop paying the bill because it's financed through G.E. Capital Credit, Levin got their money. I would only screw up our good credit rating by doing so. Stay away from Levin unless you want to be screwed over.
As soon as new our furniture arrives from Macy's, I'm putting two of the worst pieces in the back of my pick-up truck, and I'm parking it in the shopping mall parking lot right outside the Levin store with a big sign that says "I bought this garbage from Levin in 2012 and look at it now and Levin won't replace it!" And there's nothing they can do about it.Free speech allows me to do so!
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor quality
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Leather Living Room Set
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "They hand you a bill and two sheets of paper with terms and conditions, but they highlight one small section and tell you this is all that pertains to the..."
- "My pillow.com claims if you buy one you get one free. That's a bunch of BS !!! You can get the same my pillow at Wal mart..."
- "I spent over $4000 on the second most expensive tempurpedic mattress in the store. When we got the mattress, we noticed it has several old, dirty stains. They mattress did..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "Purchased home in 2015 - Lawn was extremely bad. After repeated promises to fix it - 18 months later it was a partial repair and they would not pay the..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam; Good day!I've been calling your customer service and waiting for 20 minutes everytime i call, unfortunately never answered at all. Anyway,may i request your good office for a"..."
- "Nationwide took our money for appraisal services and then did the worst job around. The description of our property was not correct. The property is located in Queens NY, 90%..."